Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Trapper Owner Association
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
List of TS240s (& T250s) (Read 51376 times)
Alan Lambton
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

List of TS240s (& T250s)
09.03.2008 at 12:00:22

Anyone think this is a good idea?  I tried to make one some years ago, but didn't get far.  It should be easier to keep track of them online as it is possible for new owners to add themselves etc.

I still have no idea how many TS240s were built and don't even know my own boat number, but here's a start.

Cheers,

Alan.

Boat Name         Owner             Date Built                Number              Location

Ocean Air          Alan Lambton          1985                        ?                     Portsmouth

IP Logged
Paul
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: List of TS240s (& T250s)
Reply #1 - 09.03.2008 at 12:59:38

Hi Alan,
I think Godfrey maintained a list but whether it is up to date is a moot point - perhaps he can advise.

Nautibuoy was Nautibitz when I bought her (the females in my life insisted on a change!) and is number 19 believed to have been built in 1981 though I have only anecdotal evidence. I gleaned from Brian Wright (Miracle- Oare Creek, Faversham) that numbers were on inside rear of port locker and this proved correct for me. When Nautibuoy was built she was obviously part of a batch as inside the GRP casing around the keel housing I found parts with both numbers 19 and 20 in black marker pen!

I'm at Dell Quay at top of Chichester Harbour.

Cheers

Paul

IP Logged
Tim
Boatswain Mate

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 09.03.2008 at 20:24:44

I'm all for that.  (Refitting of Tiger Rag coming on a treat).

Boat Name         Owner             Date Built                Number              Location
Tiger Rag          Tim Ellis              ?                            17                  Ullswater

I know the location of my previous TS240 (No. 033), but I will leave it to the discretion of the current owner whether he wishes to publish his details.

On both boats I had a similar experience to Paul with other numbers written in black felt tip inside, under the surface. You wouldn't think it was difficult to match up the number with the boat. However, I'm not suggesting we try and swop now!

IP Logged
Alan Lambton
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 09.03.2008 at 20:37:01

Boat Name         Owner             Date Built                Number        Location

Tiger Rag           Tim Ellis                   ?                           17              Ullswater

Nautibouy           Paul                        1981                      19              Dell Quay

Ocean Air          Alan Lambton            1985                      ?                Portsmouth

Cheers Paul.  I think Godfrey's list is the one I started and possibly out of date by now.  I'm pretty sure Ocean Air was built by Northshore, who have no records of the boats they built for Trapper Yachts and didn't number the boats either (after 12 years of ownership I still haven't found a hull number and I've really looked!) I think about 50 odd TS240s were built in all, but that's just a guess.  

(Edit. Added Tim.  There is no tab function in this text editor, so keeping a table in alignment is going to be interesting. Please feel free to cut and paste your own boat into the table other owners).

Alan.

« Last Edit: 09.03.2008 at 20:46:26 by Alan Lambton »  
  IP Logged
Nidri240
Seaman Apprentice

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 11.03.2008 at 11:20:23

Hi,

Boat name - Nidri
Owner - Giles
Date Built - ? but believe 1980?
Number - 007
Location - Emsworth

I know the hull number is 007 as it is written on a plaque at the rear of the cockpit and on the underside of all of the little locker bins. I was told it was built in 1982, but that can't be right so I think it must have been in 1980.

IP Logged
Alan Lambton
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 14.03.2008 at 08:39:36

Boat Name         Owner             Date Built                Number        Location

Nidri                  Giles                       1980                      007              Emsworth

Tiger Rag           Tim Ellis                   ?                           17               Ullswater

Nautibouy           Paul                        1981                      19               Dell Quay

Ocean Air           Alan Lambton           1985                      ?                Portsmouth

IP Logged
Jonathan
Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Bromley
Reply #6 - 20.03.2008 at 11:35:17

Boat name - Azurian
Owner - Jonathan
Date Built - 1980
Number - None
Location - Medway

I bought this boat in 1990 as "Sea Trapper" and the broker who sold it to the previous owner decribed it as Trapper's Demonstrator/show boat. I have an old Trapper brochure showing Sea Trapper. I was told it was the very first one and some time back I was told on the old forum this was why it had no number. I think before I bought it and brought it to the Medway it had been kept since new on the  Blackwater

IP Logged
Alan Lambton
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - 20.03.2008 at 12:34:03

Azurian              Jonathan                  1980                     None            Medway

Nidri                  Giles                        1980                     007              Emsworth

Tiger Rag           Tim Ellis                   ?                           17               Ullswater

Nautibouy           Paul                        1981                      19               Dell Quay

Ocean Air           Alan Lambton           1985                      ?                 Portsmouth

IP Logged
Tony
Seaman Apprentice

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - 20.03.2008 at 20:54:16

Nidri                  Giles                        1980                     007              Emsworth

Ocean Air           Alan Lambton           1985                      ?                 Portsmouth

Cormorant          Anthony Cross         1980                      15                Jard sur Mer

IP Logged
Alan Lambton
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - 20.03.2008 at 21:29:58

Azurian              Jonathan                  1980                     001(?)          Medway

Cormorant         Anthony Cross          1980                      15               Jard sur Mer

Tiger Rag           Tim Ellis                   ?                            17              Ullswater

Nautibouy           Paul                        1981                       19              Dell Quay

Ocean Air           Alan Lambton           1985                       ?                Portsmouth

« Last Edit: 20.03.2008 at 22:00:15 by Alan Lambton »  
  IP Logged
Godfrey
Seaman Apprentice

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - 27.03.2008 at 22:40:54

Hi Alan and all,

Sorry - a bit slow on the uptake here. I still have the list from Alan and have been updating whenever I came upon new info. I am not sure of the rights and wrongs of publishing the whole thing here as it has phone numbers, addresses etc. What do you suggest? I see no problem in emailing the list back to Alan and letting him take the flack.

Incidentally, I have Azurian as number 0 and Booby Trap, Dave Martin, Portsmouth as number 1.

Tim - Boat numbers 14, 15 and 18 all appear to have been built in 1980 so that probably dates Tiger Rag.

Please add Fooster, Godfrey and Jill Whitehouse 1981 No. 26, Topsham
and Optica, Dave Rochester, 1981, No.24 ,Topsham to your list.

Best wishes

Godfrey

IP Logged
Paul
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - 28.03.2008 at 10:57:27

Hi Godfrey & All,

I'm sure its a good idea to have a list of the boats their owners and locations. The diffficulty comes in how much info and how it is safeguarded.

If Alan is willing I am happy for him to keep a full record including owners details which could be released as necessary to other forum members subject to the individuals' permission.

The basic list as currently being developed can stay as it is and be available to all since personal details are not listed. It is probably an incentive to new owners to see who their nearest fellow owner is and of course anyone contemplating a purchase will possibly have a local contact who would only be accessible via Alan & the forum.

IP Logged
Alan Lambton
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - 28.03.2008 at 13:59:30

Boat Name         Owner             Date Built                Number         Location

Azurian              Jonathan                  1980                      000              Medway

Booby Trap        Dave Martin              1980                      001              Portsmouth

Nidri                  Giles                        1980                      007              Emsworth

Cormorant         Anthony Cross          1980                      015              Jard sur Mer

Tiger Rag           Tim Ellis                   1980                      017              Ullswater

Nautibouy           Paul                        1981                      019              Dell Quay

Optica                 Dave                      1981                      024              Topsham

Fooster               Godfrey & Jill           1981                      026              Topsham

Ocean Air           Alan Lambton           1985                       ?                 Portsmouth

« Last Edit: 28.03.2008 at 14:33:24 by Alan Lambton »  
  IP Logged
Alan Lambton
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - 28.03.2008 at 14:59:30

Hi All,

My first idea was to have just a forum based list, so that forum users have an idea where other boats are, pretty much as you said Paul.  The problem with a full list that is maintained by one person is that they may sell up, get bored with it, or whatever and unless they are constantly forwarding new versions to everyone, they are the only one who knows the state of play. What do you think?

The way this list is forming at the moment, anyone can add (or remove) themselves by quoting the list and editing it, then posting it without the quote syntax.  Its more immediate and relevant, as forum members can contact each other via P. M. or the forum and  they will not be added to the list unless they are willing to be. (?)

Cheers,

A.

« Last Edit: 28.03.2008 at 15:01:33 by Alan Lambton »  
  IP Logged
brownsox
Old Salt

We love our
"new" T500

London (our boat is in France)
Reply #14 - 06.04.2008 at 17:15:12

Please add Jessie, owners Henry and Mary Brown.
No 18.
Built 1981
Originally Dancer
Current location Deacon's yard Bursledon, as for sale ...
(www.brownsox.co.uk/Jessie has pictures)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print