Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Trapper Owner Association
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
List of TS240s (& T250s) (Read 52380 times)
TSB240
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: List of TS240s (& T250s)
Reply #30 - 18.12.2008 at 16:27:39

Thanks Alan

Funny isnt it the boat will probably visit New Quay as it has a tidal harbour a days trip from our planned base next year. I will have to ask around and see if any body knows anything if and when we get there.

IP Logged
Alan Lambton
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #31 - 18.12.2008 at 23:16:10

Could very well be that Tamsin is the boat that Peter Poland talks about (racing a Delta 25 and a Super Seal against) in his recent "Superstars" article in  PBO.

FAMOUS BOAT!

Whoooo!

A.

IP Logged
jack_roberts
Boatswain Mate

I Love YaBB 2!

Amble , Northumberland
Reply #32 - 04.01.2009 at 03:31:24

SmileyHello all,   and happy new year,  I would like to add my boat to the list please.  Boat name Boobytrap, number I understand is 33.  previously owned by Tim ( Tiger rag)  I have just purchaced the boat and to be honest have not spent a lot of time with her.  Have taken the mast down and am now waiting to transport her back home.   Amble in Northumberland.  I am looking forwards to getting started with her.  so pleased to have found the association as i am sure I will have lots of questions
Cheers
Jack[size=12][/size]04.01.2009 at 03:30:49

IP Logged
Paul
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #33 - 05.01.2009 at 09:37:12

Welcome Jack!

Youve made a great choice of boat and I fully expect this forum will be as helpful to you as it is to the rest of us.

Paul

IP Logged
jack_roberts
Boatswain Mate

I Love YaBB 2!

Amble , Northumberland
Reply #34 - 05.01.2009 at 10:04:48

Thanks Paul

I certainy hope she is as good as I expect,  I have just been writing out a jobs list and I suppose a gear wish list,  Daunting! but like most of these lists its just a matter of plugging away at the priorities, problem is once started there is always something to add at the bottom of the list.  seem like that any way
cheers
jack

IP Logged
Paul
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #35 - 05.01.2009 at 12:48:40

Jack,

The jobs are aways there with all boats and the priorities crystallise the nearer to launch date you get!!!

While fuly understanding the 'gear wish list' its probably best to concentrate on the basic maintenance and 'essential gear list' if applicable. Once you have sailed her a few times you will start to see what you would like to do to personalise her to your taste. A limiting factor will be ease of new gear fitting as you wont want to stop sailing to fit new gear - the boat is far too addictive!

I find if its at the bottom of a list its not too important so it gets carried over for next time!

Cheers

Paul

IP Logged
Tim
Boatswain Mate

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #36 - 05.01.2009 at 13:41:30

Hi Jack,
I know we have spoken via email, but welcome to the forum!  As Paul says, you have made a great choice of boat and I hope you get as much fun out of her as I did.

The offer is still open to have a sail on Tiger Rag (when it warms up a bit!).  If you need any advice with Boobytrap on where things go etc. give me a shout.

Cheers
Tim

IP Logged
Michael Growcott
Old Salt

Learning all the
time

Reply #37 - 05.01.2009 at 16:32:32

Jack

Not really my place as one of the very newest members of this board to suggest that you update the list of boats but I notice that a "Booby Trap" is listed as being no 1, owned by Dave Martin, in the most recent incarnation of the list.  I think it is an excellent idea to maintain the list as well as possible, so if it does need amending or adding to perhaps you could do it for us?  (Copy, paste, amend, in a new post?)

Like you I am making lists of things to do and things to buy.  I shall be going to the London Boat Show next week in search of bargains.  I still haven't decided which handheld plotter to buy but as a single hander I think one is going to be the most practical solution for en route navigation.  Any more thoughts from anyone?

And whilst on the subject of seeking general advice does anyone have views about the most suitable sort of tender, bearing in mind that Jessie will be on a swinging mooring in an estuary that can run at three knots and that I will be exploring the anchorages of the east coast rivers.  Henry and Mary suggested that I might want to think about an inflatable to keep onboard and a GRP dinghy for getting to and from the mooring.  Which seems a good idea but potentially much more expensive.  Is there an all rounder which could also be towed without losing too much speed and manoeuvrability?

Michael

IP Logged
Nick
Forum Administrator

A bear of little
brain

Dorset
Reply #38 - 05.01.2009 at 17:02:39

I think the list on here is going to get a bit lost if we stray too far off the subject. Could I ask for new threads to be started for other issues? I can move postings to other locations if required.

ta

Nick

Nick
WWW   IP Logged
Tim
Boatswain Mate

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #39 - 05.01.2009 at 23:15:34

Hi Michael and Jack,
I named No. 033 'Boobytrap' when I owned her.  Unfortunately this was before the list was posted on the forum and I was not aware there was another (albeit with a space between Booby and Trap).  No. 033 was originally 'Chrissy Crimble' then 'Cariad-Y-Mor' neither of which appealed.
There is also a 500 called Booby Trap and I think another (300?) called Boobytrapper.  It looks like great minds think alike or we all have the same sense of humour.
In my case the dictionary definition (as far as I recall) was something like "An otherwise harmless object that will only catch the unwary when interfered with."
A little harsh maybe, but this was after getting my finger trapped between the rudder blade and it's stock when I hadn't tightened the thumbscrew thingies properly and the blade decided to plunge down dragging my finger with it!  You can't lift the blade with one hand so I could have been stuck for a while but luckily help was at hand.
If anyone knows any history for my current TS240 No. 017 'Tiger Rag' (a jazz tune, I believe) I would be very interested.

IP Logged
Alan Lambton
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #40 - 06.01.2009 at 08:45:35

Welcome Jack!  Here is an update to the list.      

Azurian              Jonathan                  1980                      000              Medway        

Booby Trap        Dave Martin              1980                      001              Portsmouth        

Stravaiger         Dave Stevenson        1980                      005              Kirkwall, Orkney        

Nidri                  Giles                        1980                      007              Emsworth        

Cormorant         Anthony Cross          1980                      015              Jard sur Mer        

Tiger Rag           Tim Ellis                   1980                      017              Ullswater        

Jessie                M and A Growcott      1981                      018              Burnham on Crouch        

Nautibouy           Paul                        1981                      019              Dell Quay        

Optica                 Dave                      1981                      024              Topsham        

Contraption         Steve                     1981                      025              Penarth  Cardiff

Fooster               Godfrey & Jill           1981                      026              Topsham

Boobytrap           Jack Roberts           1982                      033              Amble  

Tamsin               Steve & Beverley     1983                      039              North Wales

Ocean Air           Alan Lambton           1985                       ?                 Portsmouth      

Moletrapper        Jonny and Fran         1986                       ?                 Plymouth (Yealm)    

Cheers,

Alan.

IP Logged
paul woods
Seaman Apprentice

Love the water !

st albans
Reply #41 - 26.01.2009 at 23:21:19

I bought Misty (TS240) from her previous owner in Harwich in December 2007 and have spent 2008 getting to know her and sailing in the Blakcwater from harlow Blackwater Sailing Clubs, waters that are new to me. No knowledge of her number but I will have a look for that when I next go to the club. I was told that she dates from 1981. I am very pleased to join the Association and hope to be able to ask lots of questions of you all as I am a novice when it comes to cruising having sailed dinghies ( I still have a laser at Aldenham Sailing Club).

IP Logged
Paul
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #42 - 27.01.2009 at 15:00:49

Welcome Paul!

If you already have sailed Misty for a season you know what a great boat the TS240 is.
Interesting you still keep a dinghy - I reckon a lot of TS 240 owners are former Dinghy sailors!
You will find all sorts of advice and experience available on the forum and dont be shy of putting in your own experiences as we can all keep learning.

Cheers

Paul

IP Logged
Alan Lambton
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #43 - 27.01.2009 at 19:34:23

Welcome from me too Paul Woods.  Here is an updated list.      

Azurian              Jonathan                  1980                      000              Medway        

Booby Trap        Dave Martin              1980                      001              Portsmouth        

Stravaiger         Dave Stevenson        1980                      005              Kirkwall, Orkney        

Nidri                  Giles                        1980                      007              Emsworth        

Cormorant         Anthony Cross          1980                      015              Jard sur Mer        

Tiger Rag           Tim Ellis                   1980                      017              Ullswater        

Jessie                M and A Growcott      1981                      018              Burnham on Crouch        

Nautibouy           Paul                        1981                      019              Dell Quay  

Misty                  Paul Woods              1981                        ?               Blackwater

Optica                 Dave                      1981                      024              Topsham        

Contraption         Steve                     1981                      025              Penarth  Cardiff

Fooster               Godfrey & Jill           1981                      026              Topsham

Boobytrap           Jack Roberts           1982                      033              Amble  

Tamsin               Steve & Beverley     1983                      039              North Wales

Ocean Air           Alan Lambton           1985                       ?                 Portsmouth      

Moletrapper        Jonny and Fran         1986                       ?                 Plymouth (Yealm)    

Cheers,

Alan.

IP Logged
TSB240
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #44 - 29.03.2009 at 18:11:06

Today I was visiting a very sunny but cold Porthmadog in North Wales and was lucky to observe a Trapper TS 240 being craned in.
It was a pleasure to meet the owner Peter and his wife with his son Richard. I am sure Richard will be in contact to give all the details of Sweet Future.(Hope you didnt miss your train) Their boat looked picture perfect on the water and with a vertical rudder gantry fitted this Winter.

Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print