Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Trapper Owner Association
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
List of TS240s (& T250s) (Read 51377 times)
Paul
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: List of TS240s (& T250s)
Reply #45 - 31.03.2009 at 08:47:26

Hi Alan & All

Spoke with Brian Wright - Miracle hull number 13 kept at Oare Creek Faversham - yesterday. Where he lives he cant get broadband to work despite BT's best efforts so is not active on the forum.
He is happy for his details to go on the list.
He is looking forward to a busy season exploring the East Coast rivers where he may of course see Michael.

Paul

IP Logged
Alan Lambton
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #46 - 31.03.2009 at 17:46:01

Added Miracle.   Hi Brian!     

Azurian              Jonathan                  1980                      000              Medway        

Booby Trap        Dave Martin              1980                      001              Portsmouth        

Stravaiger         Dave Stevenson        1980                      005              Kirkwall, Orkney        

Nidri                  Giles                        1980                      007              Emsworth

Miracle              Brian Wright              1980                      013              Faversham        

Cormorant         Anthony Cross          1980                      015              Jard sur Mer        

Tiger Rag           Tim Ellis                   1980                      017              Ullswater        

Jessie                M and A Growcott      1981                      018              Burnham on Crouch        

Nautibouy           Paul                        1981                      019              Dell Quay  

Misty                  Paul Woods              1981                        ?               Blackwater

Optica                 Dave                      1981                      024              Topsham        

Contraption         Steve                     1981                      025              Penarth  Cardiff

Fooster               Godfrey & Jill           1981                      026              Topsham

Boobytrap           Jack Roberts           1982                      033              Amble  

Tamsin               Steve & Beverley     1983                      039              North Wales

Ocean Air           Alan Lambton           1985                       ?                 Portsmouth      

Moletrapper        Jonny and Fran         1986                       ?                 Plymouth (Yealm)    

Cheers,

Alan.

IP Logged
Sweet Future
Seaman Recruit

North Wales
Reply #47 - 14.06.2009 at 19:42:44

Hello, I am the present owner of Sweet future, Trapper TS240 sail no 022 built in 1981.  I own the boat jointly with my father Peter, it has been in our family for 10 years or so and in our sailing club in Porthmadog , through 2 former owners since around 1983.  We sail the boat locally and do the odd club race, she is fantastic in light airs.  The vertical rudder works well, and I did make my train thank you Steve  Smiley
cheers Richard

IP Logged
Paul
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #48 - 14.06.2009 at 21:29:16

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the Forum and especially the TS Gang! It will be a change having an old hand join us and we look forward to a lively contribution whenever you feel so inspired 'cos 10 years experience outweighs many of us!
i guess we should thank Steve for bringing you on board.

cheers

Paul

IP Logged
Alan Lambton
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #49 - 22.06.2009 at 19:38:45

Azurian              Jonathan                  1980                      000              Medway        

Booby Trap        Dave Martin              1980                      001              Portsmouth        

Stravaiger         Dave Stevenson        1980                      005              Kirkwall, Orkney        

Nidri                  Giles                        1980                      007              Emsworth

Miracle              Brian Wright              1980                      013              Faversham        

Cormorant         Anthony Cross          1980                      015              Jard sur Mer        

Tiger Rag           Tim Ellis                   1980                      017              Ullswater        

Jessie                M and A Growcott      1981                      018              Burnham on Crouch        

Nautibouy           Paul                        1981                      019              Dell Quay  

Misty                  Paul Woods              1981                        ?               Blackwater

Sweet Future       Richard & Peter       1981                      022              Porthmadog

Optica                 Dave                      1981                      024              Topsham        

Contraption         Steve                     1981                      025              Penarth  Cardiff

Fooster               Godfrey & Jill           1981                      026              Topsham

Boobytrap           Jack Roberts           1982                      033              Amble  

Tamsin               Steve & Beverley     1983                      039              North Wales

Ocean Air           Alan Lambton           1985                       ?                 Portsmouth      

Moletrapper        Jonny and Fran         1986                       ?                 Plymouth (Yealm)    

IP Logged
terry pearce
Boatswain Mate

Reply #50 - 14.01.2010 at 23:34:44

Hi everyone,
I am the prowd owner of a TS240 called "Ragtime Blues" No: 32, built in early 1980's ( approx 1981). I bought the boat based in Liverpool Marina in July 2008. It was transported down the M6 and M1 to Canvey Island in Essex where i keep it on a soft mud drying mooring. My thanks go to the previous owners who kindly did a lot of the prep work in getting her prepared for transportation (Paul and Ken).
I was lucky that the keel box had been replaced in 2004 -spent summer of 2008 doing a little work on keel to make her a true lifting keeler again. Had a brilliant 2009 sailing season cruising and racing the boat in our local "interclub races" that take us from the end of southend pier across and around the thames estuary to places like Rochester up the R.Meday and up and around the east coat a bit to places like the R. Blackwater.
I find the trapper ts240 a delight to sail, not only with a crew racing but even single-handed. I don't have a roller reefing genoa, but have individual hank on headsails which work well for me without the performance  compramise of a roller headsail.
Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this forum and indeed set it up, in particular perhaps Alan who may have set it up and who's PBO article of Nov 98 "Trapper's little cracker" partly inspired me to buy a trapper ts240. I also have a one page article from PBO on "repairs after rust" in which the author John Purcell replaces his trapper ts240 keel box. I can forward on to anyone interested.

Terry Pearce

IP Logged
Paul
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #51 - 15.01.2010 at 10:12:14

Welcome to the forum Terry.
Looks like 'Ragtime Blues' is a 1982/3 boat judging by adjacent numbers in the listings.
You have obviously kept up with us as a 'silent witness' and its good to hear your positive experiences of 'Trapper's Little Cracker'! She really is a fantastic boat.
Do look out for Miracle and Jessie in your part of the world once the season is underway.
Its been a bit quiet on this TS240 site - suppose we are in hibernation mode or desperately working to get repairs/mods/preparation done for the new season.
Ive got an insurance condition survey to get ready for so lots of detail to tidy up eg gas pipes fitted 3 years ago but time expiring in late 2010!
Happy sailing

Paul

IP Logged
terry pearce
Boatswain Mate

Reply #52 - 16.01.2010 at 19:27:04

Hi Paul, thank you very much for your reply to my first posting to this forum, really appreciated. Your probably right "Ragtime Blues" being No. 032 was built in either 1982-3. I don't have any original documentation to be absolutely sure.  

I will look out for Miracle and Jessie on the water in summer 2010. In fact did see Jessie out of the water at Burnham-on-Crouch behind the restaurant at the marina on christmas day of all days, me and family decided to walk off the lunch time Stilton by driving to burnham-on-crouch and have a look at all the boats. Your quite right Paul as a "Silent Witness" to this forum for a few years I recalled that Jessie was here now with the problem of smell's from the keel-box. She looked like a nice example on her trailer, and I hope Michael does not mind but just had a feel of the rigging tension as I think he had mentioned this in earlier posted messages, he may have slacked it for winter storage, if not his cap shrouds are far too loose for best performance to windward in any sort of a breeze.
Cheers, Terry

IP Logged
Jonathan
Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Bromley
Reply #53 - 27.01.2010 at 17:52:51

Hello Terry,

Welcome to the forum. I will look out for you in the Thames Estuary this Summer. If you make it into the Medway and up Stangate Creek you will find Azurian on a drying mooring at Lower Halstow YC. There is a jetty and you can get ashore but need to be away by an hour and a half after most high waters or you will be with us a while.

A few years back I encountered another TS240 in the Meday visiting from the Benfleet club. The owner wasn't overly talkative so I did not get any more detail. I have met up with other Benfleet members when one of our races in the Estuary coincided with one of theirs and heard reports of a TS240 there - it may have been the same one. I have also seen another on a mooring more or less opposite Gillingham Strand in the Medway and did correspond with the owner a long time ago but lost his details. Another nearby at the SEGAS club recently went to North Wales.

Anyway there are a few of us about and after a while I bet you will soon be able to spot the beautiful profile and rake of a TS240 mast anywhere.

IP Logged
terry pearce
Boatswain Mate

Reply #54 - 31.01.2010 at 22:14:27

Hi Jonathan,
Thank you very much for your welcome to the forum. I shall certainly look out for "Azurian"  in the Thames estuary and down the Medway this year.
Without knowing it i was a stone throw from you last year. Stangate creek is one of my favourite anchorage's, I was there 4 times last year, A freind reintroduced me to its eeary beauty. I have seen loads of Oyster Catchers and a few seals down there, but not seen the Avocets yet. Have spent one night downstream of slaughterhouse point, but Jonathan will try and visit Halstow Y.C. this year, thanks for the welcome to mooring up and I have printed off your instructions for future reference.
Recalling back on earlier posts I remember "Azurian" as being the trapper ts240 featured in the original brochure, then called "Sea Trapper", I have this brochure, really hope to perhaps meet up with you in the summer sometime.

Cheers Terry.

IP Logged
TSB240
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #55 - 17.02.2010 at 15:03:16

Hi Terry welcome to the trapper owners club. Had a good crawl over your boat in Liverpool before taking delivery of Tamsin from Medway.

Funny how we have managed to relocate in opposite ways!

Your boat has been raced hard from my observations. Had a good wardrobe of sails... and I was impressed by the modification inside under the shroud chain plates to prevent them pulling off.

Good luck in your new ownership.

Steve

IP Logged
Alan Lambton
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #56 - 19.02.2010 at 13:08:54

Miracle              Brian Wright              1980                      013              Faversham        

Sweet Future       Richard & Peter       1981                      022              Porthmadog

Ragtime Blues     Terry Pearce           1982                      032              Canvey Island

List edited to include Terry and Ragtime Blues.  Welcome Terry!

« Last Edit: 19.02.2010 at 14:49:14 by Alan Lambton »  
  IP Logged
terry pearce
Boatswain Mate

Reply #57 - 20.02.2010 at 21:00:02

Hi to Steve and Alan, and all ts240's owners,

Alan thanks very much for your welcome and for adding Ragtime Blues to the list of TS240's. I have learn't so much from this forum, a lot of you guys have far more practical and technical knowledge than myself.

Steve, thanks for your welcome. I agree it does seem funny that I purchased Ragtime Blues from Liverpool, and had her transported all the way down to Essex, and you had Tamsin transported from Kent up to Noth Wales. You are right, Ragtime Blues was raced very hard for a lot of years and this did show in places, particularly the deck and cockpit with a lot of stress cracks, but nothing major and I beleive this was reflected in the selling price. Keel top box was replaced in 2004 and shroud plate modifications carried out as you observed, this was because port side was I understand ripped out on a windy race. I did replace mast when she was down out of the water at Canvey Island and upgraded all the rigging from 4mm to 5mm diameter. Z-spars made my new mast, so if anyone in the future wishes to replace a TS240 mast they have dimensions, they did lower the spreaders though as they felt the original angle the lower shrouds made to the mast was a bit too acute.  

Cheers, Terry.

« Last Edit: 20.02.2010 at 21:07:38 by terry pearce »  
  IP Logged
stu648
Seaman Recruit

Love the water !

Reply #58 - 18.07.2011 at 21:47:56

Hi Everyone

I am the new owner of Jessie. She is now based at Bradwell on the river Blackwater in Essex. I wasn't looking for another boat just yet, but knew I would want a trailer sailer so that I can get her home for winter storage. I spotted Jessie over at Burnham and with the help of this forum she seemed to be a good option (I never seem to travel far for boats). She's been re-rigged and now launched, if somebody could just turn the wind off for a while i'd like to take her out. Looking forward to begging for advice when required. Regards
Stuart Townshend

IP Logged
Paul
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #59 - 19.07.2011 at 09:06:28

Hi Stuart,
Welcome to the gang!
Good to stay in touch with Jesse and hope to hear more of your joint exploits once someone turns the wind down!
Happy sailing
Paul

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print