Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Trapper Owner Association
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
know any thing about this 28 (Read 5145 times)
tromesa
Seaman Recruit

I Love YaBB 2!

know any thing about this 28
29.10.2008 at 14:50:19

Hi brought sancerre last year winter 07 after a summer of yse 8 stress but all good on that front now,Trying to find out more of this rare trapper its ketch ridged and has a dog house i understand it was done in the factory,and led to belive lived in cows for a while under diffrent name any info whould be great

IP Logged
Alresford Pete
Seaman Recruit

Love the water !

Hampshire
Re: know any thing about this 28
Reply #1 - 02.11.2011 at 13:53:38

I realize your post is pretty old so I don't know if this is still relevant to you.

Back in December 1977 I bought a Trapper 28 called "Manaroa", and sailed her out of Queenborough on the Isle of Sheppey. After I sold her in July 1982 I know the owner converted her ( or had her converted) into a ketch ( or Yawl) rig, and he may have added a doghouse. Soon after that we left Kent to live in Hampshire and I don't know what happened to her after that.

For the 41/2 years we owned her she was a superb sailing boat, and I don't know how the subsequent changes affected that. I don't think there can be many 28s that are ketch rigged and I am sure that neither Anstey nor Trapper Yachts would have done the work.

Pete
501 "Tarka"

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print