Send Topic Print
New Member (Read 2438 times)
Simon B
Seaman Recruit

Me: Southport /Boat Windermere
12.09.2013 at 15:48:04

Hi all,

Just a brief note to introduce myself.

I have just bought a Trapper 500 based on Windermere. I will be taking over on Saturday.
It is a 1979 boat sail No. K6252Y and was recently brought to Windermere from Ipswich. Seemingly it has the 501 interior combined with the 500 deck layout; I don't know whether this is common?
It shows no signs of distress around the bulkheads; has had deck re-inforcements for the stanchions and had a new Beta diesel a few years ago - not exactly sure when though. Generally it seems to be a good boat which has been looked after - I just hope I am right.
Who would anyone recommend for a replacement genoa?

Simon
  IP Logged
Terry
First Mate

Love 2 Sail, Sail 2
Live

Poole - Dorset
Re: New Member
Reply #1 - 16.11.2014 at 12:44:16

If I had to buy a new Genoa I would go to Crusader sails in Poole but I appreciate they are not just down the road from you.

My reason would be because all the sails currently on my Trapper are Crusader sails and even though that does not matter, I believe it leaves a better impression when a boat is sold one day if all sails match.

Another reason is because there are many Trappers around here where they were originally built and many trappers were originally fitted with sails from local sailmakers like crusaders, (I assume that is why mine has them) 1

« Last Edit: 16.11.2014 at 13:04:50 by Terry »  
  IP Logged
pablo666
Seaman Apprentice

Love the water !

Northampton UK
Reply #2 - 22.12.2014 at 14:42:52

Hello, I am also new, having just bought a 501 and I am based in Portsmouth.

IP Logged
Gary
Very Old Salt

I'd rather be on the
boat

Poole
Reply #3 - 29.12.2014 at 14:14:33

Crusadre's make great sails but give them plenty of time as they are not the quickest.

IP Logged
JohnW
Seaman Recruit

When n Danger,when n
Doubt,Hoist your
sails & b..g

Great Lakes Big Colony ; )
Reply #4 - 30.04.2015 at 18:19:20

JohnW in the Great Lakes of Canada. Seasonal sailing here but with a certain ferocity to get all licks in before the ice returneth.   Tongue

Thanks Nick and Company.

SunnyJ
C&C 27 MKIII Hull 827.

IP Logged
Gary
Very Old Salt

I'd rather be on the
boat

Poole
Reply #5 - 01.05.2015 at 09:53:51

John
Welcome to the website.  We have both past and present owners using the site mainly to pass on advice and knowledge on the various Trapper models in the UK.  We have a few members in other contries so it's great to hear from one of our colonial cousins.
We are lucky in being able to sail all year round but of course most of the sailing goes on in the summer.
Have a great sailing season in Canada with the good winds and sunshine.
Gary

« Last Edit: 01.05.2015 at 09:55:14 by Gary »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print