Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Boats for Sale? (Read 2203 times)
TSB240
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Boats for Sale?
25.08.2015 at 10:37:49

The boats for sale section is only viewable by signed up Forum members which really limits the potential purchase audience!

I know of two people interested in a Trapper TS 240. I don't readily know of any one selling!
One would love to have a look at a TS240 even if you are not selling.

Looking for South Eastern or East Coast Owners.  Terry ? or anybody else interested in helping?

I will be sending old pictures of Tamsin for Info

Steve

« Last Edit: 25.08.2015 at 10:38:19 by TSB240 »  
  IP Logged
Sweet Future
Seaman Recruit

North Wales
Re: Boats for Sale?
Reply #1 - 25.08.2015 at 23:31:46

Reluctantly I'm putting 'Sweet Future' Trapper TS240 no22 on the market. Currently located in Porthmadog in North Wales. My family have owned her for around 20 years and she has been in my club since about 1984! I simply do not have time to sail this beautiful boat anymore. Although not often raced  'Sweet Future' is almost unbeatable in light airs! Further details on request.

IP Logged
Nick
Forum Administrator

A bear of little
brain

Dorset
Reply #2 - 06.09.2015 at 11:11:28

it isn't exactly demanding to sign up, though people do seem to have trouble reading the advice on how to do it. I don't remember making signing up (which is still free and subsidised by me) a condition of viewing that board I'm not sure why I would do that. Obviously you have to sign up to post there.

Nick
WWW   IP Logged
Nick
Forum Administrator

A bear of little
brain

Dorset
Reply #3 - 06.09.2015 at 21:46:40

I've tried as a guest and I agree that guests cannot view the for sale and wanted forum. However I can't see in the settings how that comes about.

I don't have a problem with non members viewing that board, however I think they should have to join to message the seller.

The only way I have of recovering the cost of running this site is if people contribute in the event of a successful sale. That has happened in the past and it has helped, but it remains a fact that most of the costs still fall to me.

(I haven't had any contributions to the board for a couple of years for instance)

Nick
WWW   IP Logged
Jonathan
Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Bromley
Reply #4 - 08.09.2015 at 11:15:18

If you have a contact who is interested in taking a look at a TS240 on the East Coast then Azurian is moored on the Medway. She is on a drying mooring so only accessible by dinghy about 2hours either side of HW but is due to be lifted out 2nd week of November. I could be happy to discuss these boats with a prospective owner. Just overtook the whole fleet bar one in a pursuit race on Sunday - giving some an 80 minute start over a 25 mile course. Azurian starts with the highest handicap in the club.

IP Logged
Jonathan
Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Bromley
Reply #5 - 12.09.2015 at 19:18:10

Anybody interested in acquiring a TS240 in the South East might do well to take a look at this advert http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/Yachts-for-sale/trapper-ts240/80334#0z1Vr628m... I met with Paul a while back and I know he had had a lot of work done professionally on the boat. I was quite surprised to see it still on the market. I do take a look now and then to see what TS240's are on offer and the sort of prices. This boat is " Misty" listed among the other known boats.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print