Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Trapper Owner Association
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Harlequin Refurbishment (Read 6827 times)
Justin
Very Old Salt

Trapper 300 Bilge
Keel Owner

Bristol Channel
Re: Harlequin Refurbishment
Reply #15 - 17.08.2017 at 17:56:53

I've just bought a Sadler 29 so Harlequin is now on the market.  She is extensively refurbished so if you know of anyone who wants a distinctive and unusual Trapper 300 with twin keels please point them towards Harlequin.

I love her and have not spared any time, effort or money on her but decided that really I needed to admit that I needed a bigger boat.

Thanks

Justin

IP Logged
sr4a
Very Old Salt

Sun's past the
yardarm!

Cumbernauld
Reply #16 - 17.08.2017 at 20:01:56

Hi Justin,

Best of luck with the new boat, sorry to see you and 'Harlequin' go.

Stevie

IP Logged
Justin
Very Old Salt

Trapper 300 Bilge
Keel Owner

Bristol Channel
Reply #17 - 20.08.2017 at 15:24:00

Thanks, Stevie,

I've loved doing Harlequin up and sailing her around the Bristol Channel, the SW, Solent, France and the Channel Islands, but decided that I simply needed a heavier and bigger boat to do the things I wanted to do, so I have had to take the decision to sell Harlequin.

I hope that she finds a good new home as it'd be such a waste for her to be sitting on the hard.

My best wishes to all Trapper owners and thanks for all your help.

Justin

IP Logged
Dodger01
Seaman Apprentice

Love the water !

Reply #18 - 19.09.2017 at 18:50:33

Hi Justin nice to see a yacht being looked after. I believe it's the twin to mine ! I'm trying to track down more info but I believe only two bilge keelers were produced ? The one I have was formally windfola on the hamble.

IP Logged
Justin
Very Old Salt

Trapper 300 Bilge
Keel Owner

Bristol Channel
Reply #19 - 23.09.2017 at 10:46:07

Hi
Yes there were only 2 made just before production stopped.

I saw yours was for sail as a project.  Have you bought it or are you selling it.  Harlequin is at the other extreme as I have comprehensively refurbished her over the last 3 years.

Harlequin is for sale for 7500 (although I've spent nearer 12000 on her) as I decided that I needed a slightly bigger boat for the type of sailing I'm now doing each year and the distances I tend to sail each day. So I've bought a Sadler 29 which I'll be improving further over the next 2 years.

If you have just bought yours and want some advice please contact me: justinharley55@gmail.com

IP Logged
John Woodhouse
Very Old Salt

Reply #20 - 23.09.2017 at 16:23:08

Windfola (un named at the time) was on the Trapper stand at the 1984 boat show. Led me to buying Star Trapper in 1985.
Yes, only two bilge keelers built. I knew the then first owner.
What is the new name, and mooring?
John

IP Logged
Dodger01
Seaman Apprentice

Love the water !

Reply #21 - 24.09.2017 at 14:53:45

Hi Yes just bought her apparently the last owner was getting on and not used her for 5 years she sat on her mooring not sure how the chap I have bought her off came by her I think it was inherited ? she will need a little work , she's moving over to the folly down the medina on the island not sure on re naming her yet but any advice on re-commissioning her is always welcome,, did a kit yacht hunter 27ood some years ago , so not to much of a problem , wondered why Trapper only built 2 of these ?

Richard

IP Logged
John Woodhouse
Very Old Salt

Reply #22 - 24.09.2017 at 16:07:58

Welcome to Trapper ownership Richard! Star Trapper is a regular visitor to Folly Reach.
Re why only two? The original sales brochure also listed a lifting keel version I seem to  recollect  but none were built. Presumably most owners wanted the deep fin version. You will find Beaulieu Bembridge & Newtown etc far more accessible - to say nothing of getting up to Newport - something I have only done in a friend's Hunter 23.
By way of contrast big brother the Trapper 500/501 mostly came with bilge keels.
John

IP Logged
Dodger01
Seaman Apprentice

Love the water !

Reply #23 - 29.09.2017 at 19:22:48

Thanks for the info look forward to seeing you some time next season give me a shout if your up near the folly Smiley

IP Logged
Justin
Very Old Salt

Trapper 300 Bilge
Keel Owner

Bristol Channel
Reply #24 - 09.11.2017 at 19:28:15

Hi

Harlequin will be remaining at Newport Uskmouth Sailing Club and has been bought by Nick Speller who I hope will be joining the forum in the near future.  I'll give him the link.

Thank you all for your support over the last 3 years.  I've really enjoyed refurbishing Harlequin and sailing her.

Cheers
Justin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print