Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Trapper Owner Association
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Was selling, now keeping Skyfall (007) (Read 3806 times)
Brianq
Seaman Apprentice

Love the water !

Re: Was selling, now keeping Skyfall (007)
Reply #15 - 25.08.2017 at 06:43:14

You might try Sanderrs sails in Lymington, very good prices and a wealth of knowledge on trappers. He even has the original Ed Dubois sail plan drawings. He made a great no2 Genoa for Toucan and I shall go back to him for a new mainsail this winter.
Brianq

IP Logged
Pompeydave
Seaman Apprentice

I can't help
laughing, I know
what's coming next..

Portsmouth
Reply #16 - 29.10.2017 at 19:30:38

Hi all, quick update on Skyfall. I now have a Mercury S/S 5hp two stroke outboard that has almost never been used. A bargain at 337, and it runs beautifully. I have an old but super reliable Evinrude 4hp twin as a backup, and both are incredibly light. I've ditched the transom mounted bracket idea also. I've now got new mainsail and stack pack which was 1200 fitted, and it looks superb. I've also had new windows made which are being fitted this week. I had a replacement NASA wind speed and wind indicator also fitted. A few jobs left to do are: reconnect the radio antenna wire, mast lights wires and wind speed wire. I also am having replacement Houdini hatch hinges made, and new window and toilet curtains are also in the pipeline. I've had the port stanchion repaired also. Not much else to do apart from maybe some teak effect cabin flooring, and LED cabin lights. Haven't been out on the boat as the sail took months to arrive and be fitted, but at that price I was happy to wait!

IP Logged
Jonathan
Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Bromley
Reply #17 - 07.11.2017 at 21:02:21

Great stuff. It is really heart warming to hear of one of these boats having care and attention lavished on her. I am quite sure you will be well rewarded next season. A five horse two stroke is ideal for the TS240 - enough push to get you along and light enough to be quickly deployed so you can enjoy a quiet sail and dry feet with the plug in. Congratulations on finding a good one - they must be rare by now.

See some of Alan Lambton's old posts - he had plenty of advice on this subject.

A shame there are not more of us actively sailing TS240s and contributing to the discussion. I will be watching for more news with interest.

« Last Edit: 07.11.2017 at 21:04:31 by Jonathan »  
  IP Logged
Paul
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #18 - 08.11.2017 at 14:09:04

Jonathan,
I suspect there are many 'silent witnesses' who sail and maintain their TS240/250 who regularly read the posts and contribute from time to time. Just look at the numbers visiting the site.
Well done Dave, its clear that Skyfall has got under your skin in the same way our TS 240's get to us!
I like the idea of 5 hp 2 stroke engine from weight point of view but am sure that it is only enough in normal conditions and is a bit pushed in more extreme wind and tide against one.

Have just brought Nautibuoy ashore for winter.
Scraped off barncles and weed with hoe and pressure washed. Some small areas exposed the underying epoxy as antifoul came away ( 2 coats over new epoxy) Believe majority is fine for recoating next March. Looks like boat pox treatment is sound.
Have Insurance survey to do so need to get on with jobs. Don't use gas but is connected
So need to replace flex hoses now coming up to 6 years old (and never used since installed and tested). Also have damaged organiser bracket at base of mast so need to remove and attend to this. Foresail reefing drum has tightened up so need to strip and clean and lubricate. Had become a real problem ~ makes me realise how much I value its proper working.
Whale pump diaphram looks a bit perished so will try rejuvenating with diesel oil or if too bad replacing. As boat is vey dry have never needed to use this but appreciate it could come in handy!
The more I think about it the more jobs get identified so I will stop now.
Cheers
Paul

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print