Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Trapper Owner Association
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I need a couple of IT savvy bods (Read 85 times)
Nick
Forum Administrator

A bear of little
brain

Dorset
I need a couple of IT savvy bods
05.01.2020 at 09:38:42

There isn't a huge amount of activity on the boards these days but hopefully they are still useful. I still pay for the hosting and domain names but it isn't a huge amount of money.

However a few problems have highlighted my total lack of IT skills, and I'm not convinced I'm going to learn any new ones now.

The board looks after itself mostly, it is a third party thing and we have been helped a couple of times as changes have stopped it working. It should continue to work for a while now though it is on an old version.

The website, though, is looking very dated and quite a few of the links are broken.

If somebody has the skills I can get the appropriate access sorted with the host.

You can also be added as a moderator on here but since I changed it to approval required for membership we have seen the end of the Russians and other hostiles. Would that it was so easy in other walks of life.

Nick
WWW   IP Logged
John Woodhouse
Very Old Salt

Re: I need a couple of IT savvy bods
Reply #1 - 06.01.2020 at 16:34:19

Happy New Year Nick, & well done for your continuing efforts.
Sadly my IT abilities will be less than yours!
However whenever there is a Trapper query to which I can usefully contribute I am very happy to do so.
Star Trapper about to relaunch for my 36th season. Cross channel these days is Hamble to Cowes!!

IP Logged
Jonathan
Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Bromley
Re: I need a couple of IT savvy bods
Reply #2 - 09.01.2020 at 17:39:55

Oh dear! I would like to be able to help but my IT know how seems to be stuck in the distant past and not likely to be much use. I would like to add my thanks for you good work over the years in maintaining this forum. I have had my TS240 for about 30 years now and the forum has been invaluable  - I could never have tackled some of the maintenance and repair issues without it and the cost of having it done would have been prohibitive. Launching again early April and the boat still outsails loads of others even if I am a bit less agile.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print