Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CHRISTMAS  CHEER! (Read 77 times)
Paul
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

CHRISTMAS  CHEER!
25.12.2020 at 12:37:06

A cheer for all of you who managed to launch and sail this season!
For those like me who were frustrated let's hope we can resume this coming season.
If you use your lock down time to plan your 2021 adventures do let us know.
Stay safe and enjoy your Christmas.
Keep sailing,
Paul

IP Logged
Jonathan
Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Bromley
Re: CHRISTMAS  CHEER!
Reply #1 - 26.12.2020 at 16:02:57

Merry Christmas and all best wishes for the new year to you Paul.

I am not sure about your situation but I find myself in Tier4 in Bromley and the boat on the Medway is in Tier4 also and both are hot spots for the new variation in the virus. I don't think I can justify trips to my club for the usual winter maintenance nor do I want to risk it. Lets hope many of us will be vaccinated before too long and restrictions will let us get back to something like normality. Have antifoul all ready.

While 2020 season was truncated it was well worth the effort. I missed all my usual races whilst sorting mast problems but at least I had some sailing - and I don't think social distancing would have allowed me a race crew anyway. Membership in my club is definitely on the up this year so we are full after years of shrinkage. Don't know if this is anything to do with Covid but very welcome.

IP Logged
Paul
Very Old Salt

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: CHRISTMAS  CHEER!
Reply #2 - 26.12.2020 at 23:07:19

Nice to hear from you Jonathan.
Tier 4 I'm afraid.
Like you hoping for an early vaccination though Nautibuoy should be 95% there from last seasons preparations.. only job appears to be scrubbing off rain water depleted antifouling ( its gone off white from strong mid blue ) and applying another coat.
Managed to get down to Club before we went into tier 4 and did a check over..AOK.
Just hope Club will be functioning when we ancient Mariners have our jabs!
Stay safe and best wishes for a  better 2021
Paul

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print