Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Trapper Owner Association
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Preparing for an Adventure! (Read 149 times)
Pawsofsandwich
Seaman Recruit

Love the water !

Preparing for an Adventure!
05.12.2021 at 19:55:17

Hi there,

My name is Alexander and I have just joined the Trapper Family Wink
I have recently purchased a Trapper 300 from Yarmouth, Isle Of Wight.

Iím currently finishing up my Yachtmaster Offshore with UKSA Sailing Academy and then I will be sailing ĎPaws Of Sandwichí to Southampton where she will stay on the hard standing whilst I get to work on her!

I have ambitions of sailing her across the English channel and motoring through the French Canals until reaching Marseilles and the Med! I have plenty of crazy ideas I would like to implement onto my boat but before I jump the gun I was hoping for some pointers, tips or tricks regarding the Trapper 300.

From what Iíve read the Yanmar Yse 8 engine is great and for the most part mine is in good condition but I will definitely need to seek some parts and spares for backup.

Iím looking to replace my table with a table capable of folding down and connecting both bunks together creating a double bed below.

Also a diesel heating system!

Obviously I have a rough plan of how to connect these dots but I would love to hear any suggestions or pointers from anyone who has been or is currently in a similar situation.

Iíve grown up reading the stories from the likes of Moitessier, Blythe, Tania Aebi, Robin Lee Graham, Shane Acton etc, which helped perpetuate this dream of exploration and freedom.

Iím young, naive and a good listener,

Hope to hear from someone

Alexander Lynch

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print